[Suggestion] (important) Block the minimap

Moderator: Moderation Access

Mmddrift
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Suggestion: Completely remove the minimap or block it I'd recommend you to add a very beautiful hud on top of the minimap like:
*food image* ((hunger)) + amount / bar
*drink image* ((thirst)) + amount / bar
Infection/human/dead or alive status

Why? It generally becomes more beautiful and prevents metagaming for example: I have a bunker somewhere very hidden and I park my Sanchez next to it, some random people see the icon of my sanchez in the minimap and by that they find my secret safehouse and everything gets fucked or they basically steal the bike which is extremely annoying since we don't have the personal vehicle system added and we can't lock the cars/bikes etc.
shalls
Characters: Sabine_Callarez

I've played a couple of Russian DayZ servers with a full-on black map and the tiny grey blips that indicate vehicles are still on show, so I doubt that it'd really help. Plus, I don't think there's a script that'd disable cars from being shown on the map too. I say that you just wait for the car system to be added.

Edit:

As for the hud, I honestly think that it's fine the way it is right now. I'm more inclined towards simplicity and minimality in general and I much prefer the current interface but that's just me.
Ces
Characters: Cedro_Leon

as shredder mentioned, there's no way you can disable the vehicle blips on the radar
Awide
Registered for: 1 year 10 months

This will be probably possible if we decide to switch to openmp once that's stable.
Madlad
  • Information