[Suggestion] Remove the PK = CK.

Discuss anything related to Desolation Roleplay.

Moderator: Moderation Access

contingency
Registered for: 1 year 7 months
Characters: Karl_Schneider

This is a petition made on behalf of whomever shares the following opinion with me:
• The CK should be brought back to a PK, people are already finding ways to avoid it and is just too retarded to lose everything including playtime level cause bandits respawned while you were looting.
• The red death message can be kept, as a sign that shows that X person can no longer intervene in Y situation and have it known by the entirety of the server. (To avoid what happend with Ace Mercs at Scarville happening again)
• Maybe just force a changename instead of locking someone up in a retarded jail.
Last edited by contingency on October 30th, 2023, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Both the scariest arab & pilot around.
Take no prisoners, nothing to be left but shock.
contingency

Or maybe have 3 PKs lead to a CK or something? Just get this stupid rule off somehow.
Teddy
Registered for: 1 year 5 months
Characters: Kaitlin_West

Perhaps a 3 PK strike = CK works in my opinion. Or atleast be protected off PK=CK til you reach Level 3 (And under level 3's can't CK you either), so new players won't find it frustrating to lose their loot / level / roleplay that they done with that said character because they don't know the script well and I seen players demotivated to log in anymore because of the random NPCs that kills them.

Or atleast a system that prevents you death by NPCs til a certain point you wasted all your chances?? And keep it player vs player CK. IDK I feel like everybody is tip-toeing around the whole server and not actually enjoy and have fun anymore on it.
grandchild
Registered for: 1 year 8 months
Characters: Alyssa_Dixon

contingency wrote: October 30th, 2023, 11:50 pm This is a petition made on behalf of whomever shares the following opinion with me:
• The CK should be brought back to a PK, people are already finding ways to avoid it and is just too retarded to lose everything including playtime level cause bandits respawned while you were looting.
• The red death message can be kept, as a sign that shows that X person can no longer intervene in Y situation and have it known by the entirety of the server. (To avoid what happend with Ace Mercs at Scarville happening again)
• Maybe just force a changename instead of locking someone up in a retarded jail.
I totally agree with what my fellow said here. I started a fresh character tho I named it like my prev character, I didn't read much about what's going on cause I've been away. But; the moment I gathered like 10x antidotes in the new world and having a safe house for me I felt like making progress until I got PK-Ck'd by NPC's... I don't think its something should stay.
I would suggest to make a system like 2 PK leads to a CK; by changing the character's name NOT ajail.
contingency

Yeah, just like grandchild said. You should keep your safehouse/safes/stats/levels. Just force a "change your name to:" instead of forcing people to /logout and get that character removed. Or just straight up remove the entire thing, the server was real fun without it. (JTF vs Invicta/The Seige of Strawcity — where nobody lived to tell the story/NG vs Workrate, Foester, Valox and the rest of the server/The election of Arno/Toxicity's jammer hunt) <--- All of this was fun without CKs.
Foester
Registered for: 1 year 10 months

I never liked PK = CK from the start, and have been against this idea for many reasons. First and the most important one is the disposable characters, since PK = CK, characters are seen as disposable, therefore players are less invested in their character development and their backstory, since they can lose it all in a second. It's shallow, and short-lived.

Bunch of people have spent a year or two, playing on the characters they have developed, and they had great stories to tell. This rule is eventually going to lead to frustration and burnout for people who invest time and effort into their characters, to only see them get terminated by a bot.

I'm not even talking about players tiptoeing around the map to not come across another player because they're scared of getting CKed.

I'm all for a second vote, or even removing this without a vote.
contingency

Foester wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 1:59 pm I never liked PK = CK from the start, and have been against this idea for many reasons. First and the most important one is the disposable characters, since PK = CK, characters are seen as disposable, therefore players are less invested in their character development and their backstory, since they can lose it all in a second. It's shallow, and short-lived.

Bunch of people have spent a year or two, playing on the characters they have developed, and they had great stories to tell. This rule is eventually going to lead to frustration and burnout for people who invest time and effort into their characters, to only see them get terminated by a bot.

I'm not even talking about players tiptoeing around the map to not come across another player because they're scared of getting CKed.
thats the literal reason why im shooting the first shots
Awide
Registered for: 1 year 10 months

Hardcore playstyle is now optional. viewtopic.php?p=3941#p3941
Madlad
  • Information