Do snipers destroy rp?

Engage in any OOC discussion related to Desolation Roleplay!

Moderator: Moderation Access

What should we do about snipers?

Keep them
50%
Remove them
31%
Have them usable with strict admin supervision and rp
19%

Total votes: 16
Lucius
Registered for: 1 year 7 months
Characters: Anastasia_Voroshilova

T_Dup wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 4:29 am Yes they do.

People just camp with Snipers and that's it, there's no actual interaction in shootouts.

It even ruined the fear element from faction RP, knowing that you can just camp your base with a rifle and pick out people like they're nothing with a sniper that legit 1 shots people.
There's no sense fear or regret, just get a sniper and camp your base.

Back then, when snipers weren't that common.

There's a very big sense of fear when interacting with other factions. I used to lead CDS and everytime we interact with a stronger faction like Sparta Battalion for example, we show a lot of fear during our interaction because we indeed know that these guys can destroy us in seconds and we didn't have snipers to camp in our base and cheese them out.
People just camp in their bases now and that's it. No sense of fear or interaction.

Plus shootouts were more fun and fair, it was always close combat with either AKs and M4s and it was a lot more fun that way and much better than just playing peak-a-bo with sniper rifles.

So yeah, remove them entirely or nerf the damage to 40 each shot so we can atleast compete with them.
T_Dup
Registered for: 1 year 6 months

Lucius wrote: April 24th, 2023, 6:04 am
T_Dup wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 4:29 am Yes they do.

People just camp with Snipers and that's it, there's no actual interaction in shootouts.

It even ruined the fear element from faction RP, knowing that you can just camp your base with a rifle and pick out people like they're nothing with a sniper that legit 1 shots people.
There's no sense fear or regret, just get a sniper and camp your base.

Back then, when snipers weren't that common.

There's a very big sense of fear when interacting with other factions. I used to lead CDS and everytime we interact with a stronger faction like Sparta Battalion for example, we show a lot of fear during our interaction because we indeed know that these guys can destroy us in seconds and we didn't have snipers to camp in our base and cheese them out.
People just camp in their bases now and that's it. No sense of fear or interaction.

Plus shootouts were more fun and fair, it was always close combat with either AKs and M4s and it was a lot more fun that way and much better than just playing peak-a-bo with sniper rifles.

So yeah, remove them entirely or nerf the damage to 40 each shot so we can atleast compete with them.
Says the guy who stalks people in C
EcosLocos
Registered for: 1 year

I think if we make it ultra-rare loot should balance the issue, also deploying a sniper without proper RP is just terrible. If we can see a quality RP before, I don't mind it, but one-liners are a no-go.
San Andreas National Guard Image - Corporal Maximillian Shawley
Awide
Registered for: 1 year 9 months

EcosLocos wrote: April 24th, 2023, 12:02 pm I think if we make it ultra-rare loot should balance the issue, also deploying a sniper without proper RP is just terrible. If we can see a quality RP before, I don't mind it, but one-liners are a no-go.
You die with a sniper = ck? :))
Madlad
contingency
Characters: Karl_Schneider

Awide wrote: April 26th, 2023, 7:05 pm
EcosLocos wrote: April 24th, 2023, 12:02 pm I think if we make it ultra-rare loot should balance the issue, also deploying a sniper without proper RP is just terrible. If we can see a quality RP before, I don't mind it, but one-liners are a no-go.
You breathe = ck? :))
Both the scariest arab & pilot around.
Take no prisoners, nothing to be left but shock.
kalambo
Registered for: 1 year 7 months
Characters: willy_whitewood

contingency wrote: April 26th, 2023, 7:06 pm
just shut yo ass up valox
contingency
Characters: Karl_Schneider

kalambo wrote: April 26th, 2023, 7:12 pm
contingency wrote: April 26th, 2023, 7:06 pm

just shut yo ass up valox
(insert skull emoji here because very roasted me)
Both the scariest arab & pilot around.
Take no prisoners, nothing to be left but shock.
EcosLocos
Registered for: 1 year

Literally everyone's reaction after finding out they killed someone, but of his buddies have a sniper on them.
San Andreas National Guard Image - Corporal Maximillian Shawley
  • Information