Special races, script & staff announcement

Discover information regarding the game server & read our community announcements!

Moderator: Forum Engineer Access

Awide
Registered for: 1 year 10 months

Greetings, Happy Easter, Eid Mubarak!

I would like to announce a couple things, related to special race characters, the script and lastly server staff.

1. Special race characters:

We'd like to inform you that the current batch of special race characters will be purged to uniformize the lore and ensure that those wishing to portray a Bionic or a Chimera has sufficient knowledge of the mechanics and the specifics of the race. This means that if you are a Bionic or a Chimera — you are subject to become race changed back to human until your race application is approved.

We understand that certain characters have already been established in dense correlation to their respective races. However, a free name change and a race change token as well has been granted to mitigate this issue. The player may also keep their names and remain human at their preference provided that a sensible backstory is laid out.

2. The script:

Recently a lot of updates were introduced in smaller baches and you would only know what new features came around if you watched the changelog every hour. Thus I am finishing a feature showcase, involving all major updates such as territory linked interiors, vehicle inventory, fuel in gallons, vehicle repaint/replate, antidote immunity, new items such as jammer, weed, flare and QoL pieces such as Chimera togging jump, manually editing your HUD, etc. My goal was to introduce everything promised for Warlord, adding pieces that make Desolation more immersive and improve replayability. The current aim isn't any different, expect more faction, city and NPC updates, also on the staff control side (see below).

3. Staff:

Life brought me something that will have me inactive in this project, so Kidneystones will be overtaking my role in supervising everything. Due this it was needed to implement more staff control commands. While I may not be around to manually change things in the database, these things were meant to be controlled from in-game anyway, so it is good that these updates are coming before others.

You may have noticed that all helpers have been pushed back to be simply helpers. This internal decision was made in unanimous agreement with lead admins and turned out to be much better than predicted. The workload has been balanced between the two teams and someone completely new to moderating is no longer expected to be dealing with situations where even experienced admins ask for another pair of eyes.

I would like to grab the opportunity and thank both the helper team and the admin team for their tremendous work that they put into the server!

We are in dire need of assistance with our increasing playerbase, especially with the changes above and new staff roles being introduced. If you would be happy to get involved by answering /helpme questions and you're interested in becoming an admin please, exceptionally, message me on the forum while Vectra, head of staff is on absence (and deals with setting up our staff mentor system).

I am looking forward to seeing everyone in-game!

Code: Select all

[u]Helper Application[/u]
Account name: answer

Character names and levels: answer

Screenshot of your /stats (one character is enough): 
[spoiler][img]https://i.imgur.com/xxxxx.png[/img][/spoiler]

Age and country of origin (optional): answer

Please shortly explain your roleplaying history and experiences: 
answer

Please shortly explain what you think of Desolation and its community: 
answer

Would you keep playing if we denied your application?: