Relaunching the server

Moderator: Moderation Access

bedfordfalls
Registered for: 1 year 5 months

Alright, last week an idea came to my mind. Wouldn't it be better if we relaunch the server and change many things, that will surely help and bring more roleplay to the table and hopefully revive it.

My first idea is to make guns rarer, I mean pretty god damn rare. For example I would love seeing the first two weeks of the relaunch, people roaming in groups with baseball bats, knives, golf clubs and if lucky enough with colts or silencers. Enforcing gun crafting wouldn't be bad, roaming the danger zone with your fellow survivor friends, acquiring parts for the guns and then crafting them doesn't sound bad. Personally gunsmithing needs to be limited to only only pistols (Colt, Silenced and Deagle) and Semi-Automatic pistols(make them harder to craft). There needs to be a progressive gun crafting system, for example you start by crafting ammunitions and then you work your way up. There also needs to be some chance of your gun breaking, the hand-crafted ones have higher chance of breaking than the ones that you find on the ground or in interiors.

Second idea is to add more food, fish fingers, cereal and whatever was the 3rd food called isn't simply enough. Adding fruits, vegetables, different types of meat, canned food, MREs (Military Ready-to-Eat meals) and snacks would be good, especially if snacks more common, because if you enter a store you should be able to find plenty of them. Also if 1 IRL week passed by your food should slowly decay. And actually making food spawn properly, like fish cans, tuna should spawn mostly in fish stores, meat should spawn in meat markets and snacks in most stores.

Third idea is same as the 2nd one and it is to add more drinks, water, milk and juice still isn't enough. Here are some examples for drinks that can be added - Coffee, Alcohol (Beer, Vodka, Wine), Lemonade, Tea and Soda. These drinks of course needs to be placed in the right interiors - Alcohol in bars, Tea and Coffee in cafes and etc.

Fourth idea is to add Pharmacy stores and medicines and the ability to combine them and craft different type of medicines. This would act the same as gunsmithing and will help a lot in my fifth and sixth idea. Medicines actually in my opinion need to give the player a boost for some time. It doesn't matter if it is more stamina, stopping bleeding or healing you.

Fifth idea is to add bleeding system, if you get shot for example or bitten by a zombie you start to bleed, and your health slowly drops. You should have at least 15 minutes of bleeding before you die. You can stop that bleeding via first aid kits, bandages (New item idea) or medicines. When you bleed, you should have bleeding particles around you and when they appear your health drops. Also when you are bleeding your gun skills drop. There also needs to be a little bit of chance for the bleeding to stop by itself.

Sixth idea is to add seasons like the main ones - summer and winter. In the winter you have higher chance of becoming sick and thus slowly losing health very slowly. You should be able to cure yourself with medicines or wait and beg that your immune system does its job. Drinking for example Tea and eating healthy food might fix this issue too. When you are sick you also become a little dizzy and your gun skills drop significantly. Also there is an object that adds snow falling, it would be pretty good if actually this objects follows the player (the id of the object is: 18864). This in my opinion would add new doors for roleplay. In the summer nothing special, but you should dehydrate more easily.

Seventh idea is simple and this is fixing the weapon skill dropping when you are losing health. Right now if you take the slightest damage your skills drop significantly, that is fcking annoying please fix it.

Eight idea is about the mapping, nothing wrong about it but it is overmapped and especially Los Santos. Removing most of the cars, rubbish and etc. would help a lot, since most old computers can't handle that much of mapping (for example when I'm playing from my old pc - inspiron dell it lags a lot.) And not to mention that there is more mapping in Los Santos than the countryside itself. So what my idea is to keep mapping minimal, there needs to be some but not that much.

Ninth idea is to add more ped skins, current custom available skins are garbage. What we should add is not more hardcore survivor themed skins, but actually default ped skins. That are low poly and fit the game environment perfectly. I have truckloads of skins - caucasians, asians, hispanic, african-americans and I'm sure that there are many in vk too.
T_Dup
Registered for: 1 year 6 months

Relaunching is a double edged sword

People will lose everything they worked hard for, eventually leaving the server for good

I say instead of relaunching it, just prepare a massive update.

Somthing bigger than the warlord update, a 2.0 where everything will be reworked and all of your suggestions will be added.
bedfordfalls

Tenth idea is to add a trunk system for vehicles, I don't know if it is a to-do thing but we need one. And actually make vehicles less rare, like there are plenty of cars out there, especially in the USA. And there needs to be a little chance of the car breaking down after long drives.

Eleventh idea is the drug system, I am not going to explain much since I think we'll see drugs with the new update, but I'll suggest new drugs - Mushrooms, Amphetamine, LSD, Crack cocaine and etc. All these stuff should give you boosts, but there needs to be a chance of you becoming addicted to them and therefore a dizziness effect in 1-2 minute intervals. Also you should be able to craft or cook most of the drugs and grow the mushrooms.

If y'all have more ideas post them as comments, so the staff can see and discuss them.
Vectra
Registered for: 1 year 9 months

What is your opinion on the current play-area? Perhaps we should restrict Los Santos as a radiation zone to which you could enter for a very short time if properly equipped with breathing apparatus.
bedfordfalls

Vectra wrote: November 27th, 2022, 3:08 pm What is your opinion on the current play-area? Perhaps we should restrict Los Santos as a radiation zone to which you could enter for a very short time if properly equipped with breathing apparatus.
For now Los Santos is pretty desolated, the mapping is heavy and in my opinion there should be less mapping with the new lore-change. Cars should spawn more frequently, but not all should work. Grove Street needs to be removed, because first it is very unfitting the environment and second it doesn't help with much roleplay, besides from providing us with guns. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if someone else takes Ganton as their faction area, because it is a pretty good place to start a faction. Los Santos also needs to be radiated, but not as much as Las Venturas or San Fierro. If properly equipped you should be able to stay as long as your face respirator last. Also adding more interiors wouldn't be bad in my opinion and making it Kill on Sight (KOS) zone, thus adding more loot there. But make face respirators rare, I mean rare like the antidotes. And in my opinion they need to last from 25-50 minutes. These are my ideas for Los Santos.
Teddy
Registered for: 1 year 4 months
Characters: Kaitlin_West

Your suggestions are good but relaunching the server means wipping everybody's assets and I hope that won't happen and I'd preffer Los Santos to be the way it is now, not turning it into a radioactive zone. Roleplaying only in the county side starts to get boring at some point plus Los Santos mapping gives TLOU vibes and some players like it. I roleplay mostly in Los Santos and I'm mostly avoiding the county side.
  • Information